Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Concentrating on Concentration

I really want to study marketing in college, and advertisements have always sparked my interest. It is sometimes overlooked and forgotten about, but dvertisements are part of our every day life. Whether they are on TV, on the radio, or on huge billboards, we see them everywhere we go. Advertisements are made to appeal to certain people and make them feel a certain way. I was thinking about making advertisements for my concentration about how they are intended to make people feel. For example I would remake a Nike ad portraying images that are supposed to make people feel fit, healthy, athletic, famous, etc. Another idea is to make an Abercrombie ad that is supposed to make people feel sexy, trendy, popular. I have already collected images from magazines that I plan to collage into the art pieces. I think i am going to do a combination of paintings/drawings and images collaged together.

1 comment:

lhsap2MollyK said...

i'm really liking your shoe painting. are you going to paint all of them? or draw? what mediums are you thinking of?